- It is safe. With concerns about the COVID-19 (Coronavirus), teleconferencing allows you to self-isolate, thereby minimizing your risk of infection.
- Online counselling can be most effective with certain conditions e.g. agoraphobia and other phobias.
- Increased accessibility for rural and remote persons.
- Privacy and convenience, often in own home. Mobile phone online counselling provides an alternative to desktop computer hardware.
- Accessibility for those who may have physical or health limitations.
- It can be an educational tool.
- It may overcome barriers to attending face-to-face counselling e.g. travelling time, work, and family commitments.
- It is convenient. Session times can be more flexible for both the client and the therapist.
- Affordable. Online counselling has been shown to be more economical than face-to-face consultations. Less time off work for the client to attend sessions, travel costs etc.
Untying the knots that bind us