- Practical and technical concerns, e.g. computer and/or mobile skills illiteracy.
- Privacy and confidentiality may be a problem e.g. someone walking into or interrupting the client unexpectedly.
- Internet security issues may be an issue. Visit out Privacy Page for more information.
- Therapist cannot respond to crisis situations e.g. outbursts of anger between parties in the session as in face-to-face consultations.
- It is not appropriate for those with serious psychiatric illnesses.
- There is a lack of body language the therapist may rely upon in therapy.
- There may be some ethical codes of conduct that need to be considered e.g. recording of the session without consent. Visit out Privacy Page for more information.
Untying the knots that bind us